Do-It-Yourself Kitchen Tile Backsplash Project Tips
- Measure the area for backsplash
- Get your supplies – thinset, tiles, tools- V-notched trowel, safety equipment, tape, tape measure, newspaper/cardboard, Rubber grout float, Tile nippers, Caulking gun with tub-and-tile caulk, Bucket and sponge, Score-and-snap tile cutter
- Turn off power to circuit
- Remove switch plates and outlet covers
- Sand paper the wall with 80-grit sandpaper to roughen the painted surfaced then wipe with damp rag
- Dry-fit all the tiles to be sure you have all the pieces cut to the right size
- Allow mastic to dry overnight.
Do-It-Yourself Building Project Tips
Whether you’re building a house or making table, these are some basic tips to keep in mind!
- Ensure your cuts are square, finished product will be level and not rock etc.
- Measure twice, cut once
- For best cuts, cut behind line not on the line
- Clean work area and free of clutter
- Sharp cutting tools, e.g. saw, chisel blade,
- Always pre-drill a pilot hole when driving screws
- Always wear safety gear